[Translate to English:] Tax-free Shopping at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum
It’s quite right that the Olympia Einkaufszentrum counts as one of the largest shopping establishments in Munich. More than 130 stores, department stores, coffee shops and restaurants make for perfect browsing and shopping. These days, our international visitors enjoy tax-free shopping in many countries, thereby saving on sales tax. Find out how that works here. You can find further information on tax-free shopping here.
Saving on sales tax – this is how:
- When shopping look out for the Global Blue Tax Free sign in the windows of participating stores.
- When paying for your purchases request a Tax Free Form.
- Fill in all mandatory fields using the Latin alphabet – ideally in block letters.
- Do you have a Global Blue Card? Present this card to the shop staff. Your personal data will then automatically be transferred to the Tax Free Form.
- Please ensure that all the required fields have been completed: No refund of sales tax where information is missing.
Have your form stamped at the airport
- Please remember that the refund process prior to your flight departure may take some time. Allow for this when planning your trip to the airport to avoid time pressure.
- Before you check in for your flight, go to the Customs counter at the airport.
- Present your completed Tax Free Form together with your passport and all receipts and purchases.
Important: The purchased goods must be new and unused. Do not pack them in your check-in luggage, so that you can show them to the customs officer. Here again, remember: No refund of sales tax without a customs stamp.
Collect your refund
Once the Tax Free Form has been duly stamped by customs, you can collect your refund. Go to one of the refund counters displaying the Global Blue logo. Present your completed and stamped Tax Free Form to receive your refund in cash or to your credit card.
If time is running out
If you are in a rush and won’t manage to collect your refund at the counter, just send the Tax Free Form by mail: place the completed and stamped form in a Global Blue envelope and mail it. The refund will then be credited to your credit card. Provide your email address on the Tax Free Form to ensure expedited and efficient communication between you and Global Blue Customer Service.
Please note that at some airports a handling fee per Tax Free Form will be charged if you require a refund in cash.
We wish you a pleasant stay and successful shopping at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum, Munich.
Tax-free shopping in Germany
Our international visitors can take advantage of tax-free shopping at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum. Find out about the rules and regulations of tax-free shopping in Germany here.
Who is eligible for tax-free shopping?
- Customers who have permanent residence in a non-EU country.
- Customers who have a valid long-term visa (more than three months) in a non-EU country.
- Customers who are older than 18 years.
Minimum purchase amount and sales tax
- The minimum purchase amount for tax-free shopping is 25.00 EUR.
- The standard sales tax rate in Germany is 19%. The rate for food and books is 7%.
Tax-free goods and products purchased
- Get a sales tax refund on all purchases transported in your own personal luggage. Please note that the goods must be new and unused.
- Do not pack purchases for which you require a sales tax refund in your check-in luggage, so that you can show them to the customs officials.
- Non-refundable goods are automobiles, automobile parts or accessories, and material for automobiles: oil, navigation systems, automobile radios, etc. (Cell)phones with SIM card or contract (service)
Validity of the Tax Free Form
- The form is valid for 4 years from the date of issue.
- The form must be stamped by the customs authority of an EU country within 3 months of the date of issue.
- Include the original invoices or receipts with the form. All purchased goods must be listed separately.
- Tips for mailing the form
- Send the form by regular mail from all over the world free of charge: for this, use the Global Blue Prepaid envelope provided by the shop in which you purchased the goods.
- To prevent possible loss of the documents, we recommend using secured mail service (for example, registered mail or a courier). This will be at your own expense.
- Make a copy of every document for your records or write down the Tax Free Form number (DOC ID) of every form.
- Only send us forms filled in completely and correctly to ensure smooth processing of your refund.
Address of processing center
Send your valid, duly completed and stamped Tax Free Forms to the following address:
For sending by mail
810 00 Bratislava
For sending by courier
Prievozska 4D/Block E
821 09 Bratislava